Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Keeping Everyone Posted

Once again, it's been awhile since I updated - but better late then never.

I arrived in Bangkok a few hours ago on Royal Bhutan Airways which, as it turns out, is a really great airlines and they don't even charge for the food like el crapo Northwest does. I wasn't sure how I'd feel coming back here, since I was here last year. When I arrived, I figured I'd head to where I stayed..last year - and I spent the last few hours walking down the roads I walked... last year. Well, getting the picture? Anyway, I don't think I'm going to stay here for too long, I'm heading up to Laos in 2 weeks and trying to do the SE Asia tour in 2 months, which should be a challenge.

I'm staying here Kaosan Road, the main backpacker hangout in Thailand. It's amazing at how developed this place has become, catering to the whim of the "backpacker." I sort of hestitate to say backpacker, because it seems like most of these people just saw the movie Roadtrip and decided backpacking was the cool thing to do. So they all are fashionable and well-groomed, to each his own!

Leaving India wasn't too hard. I was ready. My ears were ready. How can I sum up nearly 4 months? It's pretty difficult to describe, but I certainly will remember it for the rest of my life.

I'll keep everyone posted (hopefully) and of course if you ever email me I will always email you back as soon as I can.

Keep in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home