Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me

Having a birthday in northern Thailand isn't so bad. I just got back from a 3-day trekking tour visiting some of the hill tribes in Thailand near Chaing Mai. Today we went white water rafting and bamboo rafting, I had a great time. Then, after getting back into town I got a Thai massage for $2.50. Overall day went great and now I'm the mighty 23 yrs old.

Chaing Mai is a pretty good place to visit. On Sunday I went to the Sunday Market where hundreds of venders line the street selling their wares: paintings, wood carvings, drums, if you want it they have it - and the prices are cheaper then you could imagine.

I have about 2 months left before I had back and I'm going to try to make the most out of it.. yet on the other hand, I think I'm going to spend as much time as I want in each country and if I don't make it to Cambodia I'll just have to come back next time.

Things in Thailand are pretty good, although pretty much the same as when I was here last year. Tomorrow I'm heading to Pai and then off to Chaing Rai to a border crossing into Laos, then taking a 2 day slow boat on the Mekong River.

I took a lot of pictures from the trekking this weekend, but my camera fell into the water so I hope they aren't damaged too bad.

Anyway, I'm off to hit up the Chaing Mai nightlife. Take care everyone.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Mike Landis said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Sounds like you're still having fun. That's cool!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to you, Josh.
~Uncle Aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home