Friday, January 21, 2005

Not Many Days Left...

I can't believe how fast this trip has gone. As cliche as it is, time flew by. I will probably be leaving India February 5th to give me 3 months in SE Asia. I was thinking about heading to Nepal, but any time I spend there will leave me with less time exploring Vietnam or Cambodia.

I've been staying in Pushkar the past week, relaxing and not doing much of anything. Hey, I'm on vacation! Can you blame me?

From here I'll head down to Kota and then make my way to Calcutta to fly into Bangkok.

I'm actually going to miss this place. People say the more time you spend in India, the more it grows on you, and it certainly does. Masala Dosa, chai, "give me 1-pen", loud horns, "NA MA STE", 2nd class sleeper trains, Iway cybercafe's, hippies, squat toilets, POLLUTION, crap everywhere, bucket showers, "what country are you from?", GOA, templezzz....

Where I've been: Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, Kerala (Kochi), Munnar, Coimbature, Mysore, Bangalore, Hampi, Hyderabad, Bhopal (Sanchi), Agra, Pushkar.

Books I've read: 9/11 Commission Report, Chaos - Making a new Science by Gleick, Art of Wordly Wisdom by Gracian, Making Friends & Influencing People by Carnegie, Clicks Bricks & mortars

Number of Festivals I've been to: 4 (Diwali, Holi, Kite Festival, Eid)

Number of Americans I've met: 12









2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're having a great time, Josh. Monday, Jan. 17, Debbie gave birth to a healthy baby girl; 5 lbs. 7 oz. Her name is Tzvia Rose Feldman. We look forward to having you meet her in May at Rachel and Kyle's wedding.
~Uncle Aaron

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandy and I are leaving for Pittsburgh in a few hours. For some reason I am restless tonight and that is why I am at the computer at 2am. Adrienne gave birth on 2/14 to a 7.8 lb baby boy and we are going up to see them and, of course, be at the bris. Hope all is well with you.
Love,
Papa Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home