Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Finally, An Update

There are so many things to write about, it's hard knowing where to begin. I was questioned by police and interviewed on India's largest TV network. An ancient statue was stolen and they suspected a foreigner, so me and the two Dutch travellers I was with got pulled out of a jeep and questioned. Pretty cool. While I was getting interviewed I pulled out my digital camera and started taking pictures of myself being interviewed, I'll have to post them soon.

Today I went to monkey temple, absolutely spectacular. Hundreds of monkeys darting around, fighting, playing, doing monkey things. I even saw one smaller monkey jump on the back of a goat, the goat was obviously not very happy about the situation, so he began jolting back & forth, and the monkey continued to hold on as if he were riding a bull. The little monkey's like showing off and playing-- I saw one sliding down the side of a rocky mountain on a plastic bag. He was quite happy with himself, until small puppy wanted to claim the plastic bag as his own.

Ah, and of course there's the Taj. That guy must have really loved his wife and it shows. Everything in exact symmetry and harmony, the perfect building in every way.

What else? Every day is still new and exciting, so after travelling for over two months, I think that in itself is remarkable. I've been meeting travellers along the way, but no particular love interests as of yet--although it's no secret that Indian's make good wives--very compromising and mostly good cooks.

I plan on spending another month in India, then heading to Asia for 3 months. I will try my best to make my updates more frequent.. It's easier for me then trying to relate 3-week's of experiences into one update.

Everything else is going pretty good I'd say. No complaints at all. They don't call it "experiencing India" for nothing. To travel here, you must really accept everything as it comes, otherwise you will be doomed by the pollution, traffic, hectic life, and a thousand other adjectives and nouns.

Keep emailing as it's always great to hear from everyone.






1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger sushilsingh said...

Dear,Friend
Bundi is a small town near Kota. Bundi was the capital of Hadoti

region. Bundi is 36 km from Kota is and is one of the unexplored

cities with a rich historical wealth. Once a part of Kota, it was ruled

by the Had Chauhans- an offshoots of the famous Chauhan clan who

ruled Delhi and Ajmer.
Please visit for more deatil
http://www.desidirectory.com/india-travel-guide/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home