Friday, January 14, 2005

Festive India

The Kite Festival has got to be one of the best festivals of all time. India has a thing for festivals, I never quite understood them, but they are beginning to grow on me. This festival brings the entire city into the streets and on roof-tops for a day of non-stop, action-packed, KITE FLYING!

OK. I know what you must be thinking, "Flying kites, Josh, that's kids play." Absolutely not! This is hard-core competitiveness in its purest form.

Buy a kite (3 ruppees) & string from the hundreds of venders that line the street. All the kites are made exactly the same. The person who flies the kite highest is the best.

Hundreds of kites fill the sky, except my kites, which barely got off the ground. I took a video of the most skilled kitesman in all of Jaipor using some crazy advanced kite flying techniques which I'll post shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home