Monday, December 27, 2004

YES IM OK

For all those who are concerned, I'm FINE. The city that I'm in, Hampi, is 300 ft above sea level and away from the coastal region. News travels pretty slow in India, but I did find out about it early and emailed my mom, but she was in Miami so didn't receive the email. So I just responded to quite a few emails asking if I'm OK.

I have met quite a few travellers who were headed to Sri Lanka, it's incredibly scary to think about the speed and impact of the earthquake.

I'm planning on staying in Hampi for another 2 weeks, so I'm about as safe here as anywhere.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Steve said...

REALLY glad to hear you're OK! What an aweful event that will surely have an enormous impact on life in the entire region and on the remainder of your stay.

I'm in Jerusalem right now and will pray for the welfare of the survivors.

Keep up the updates - they really are fun!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

It was such a relief to hear from you and find out you were ok. My mom stayed up all last night waiting for news. On the plus side, I learned a lot about the geography of India in trying to figure out where you were and whether you were above sea level. Stay safe and I hope you continue to enjoy your trip...natural disaster free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home