Sunday, October 31, 2004

Traveling Along

Amsterdam

Well this is my first update from the road. Right now I'm at a cybercafe in Utrecht, Netherlands, about 30 minutes train ride from Amsterdam. My Dutch friend that I met on my study abroad trip to the Netherlands 2 years ago allowed me to stay in her room for the week while she is away.

The past two days were spent traveling the streets of Amsterdam. I didn't bother going to the "Red Light District" or seeing any of those foolish "Sex Shows" or getting pulled up on stage! But anyway, I've been having a great time and meeting a lot of nice people.

Last night I met a few Israeli and dutch girls and helped them promote a Halloween party outside their parents club in downtown Amsterdam. The club is owned by an Israeli family and they were all very nice.

Tomorrow I will be going to Leiden in Holland and possibly Rotterdam. On Tuesday I'm coming back to Utrecht to watch the presidential elections with my Dutch friends, a cheering group of bush haters! I couldn't be more at home here.....

Then this weekend I am taking a train to the south with Esmee visiting some other cities which I can't pronounce.

I leave the Netherlands November 8th and then off to India. Hope everyone is doing well and keep emailing. And in case you are wondering, I am looking ouside into a darkened depressing cold Dutch sky.



3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Ryan O'Connor said...

Wow! India... and all those other places....

You got a place to stay in Taiwan if you feel like it!

Ok, peace again...

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger acer said...

ha, i was using this travelhead.blogspot.com a while ago, i was thinking about reusing, but i didin't know someone picked it up. cool

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger jessie said...

i visited your site n was good enough then othere site that i visited last month



study abroad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home